Developers SEGA have announced that the much requested Shenmue I & II HD Remaster patch has been delayed for PS4 and Xbox One. The patch has been released on PC but will arrive on consoles later this month on September 17.
The patch brings forth a lot of bug fixes including notably fixing the text display and sprinting issues.
Shenmue fans! Unfortunately the patch we planned on releasing this week isn't ready yet and will instead be released on week commencing September 17th. We apologize for the delay but want to ensure you get the best game experience possible. We'll have more updates soon!
— SEGA (@SEGA) September 6, 2018
Shenmue I & II HD Remaster owners on PS4 and Xbox One are in an outrage on Twitter as the patch has been promised for a while after the games’ release on August 21, 2018. Many owners were patiently waiting for the patch so they could start the game and not ruin their experience.
Check out the Patch Notes for the PC Patch below:
• Fixed various instances of incorrect help screen text displayed around the game.
• Fixed various instances of incorrect button prompts being shown in the HUD.
• Fixed duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2.
• Fixed an occasional issue when transitioning into the menu when in Shenmue 1.
• Fixed an issue with 2560 x 1080 UI resolutions.
• Fixed issues with resolutions wider than 2560.
• Fixed an issue with QTE prompts not flashing.
• Fixed inconsistencies when sparring in the dojo.
• Fixed various character skinning issues.
• Fixed an issue that caused bloom to re-enable itself when opening the notebook.
• Fixed an issue that would cause crushed blacks on some hardware setups.
• Fixed various instances of missing geometry and textures.
• Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
• Fixed issues with hair sometimes rendering slightly transparent.
• Fixed some instances of missing facial animation.
• Fixed occasional issues with cloth rendering.
• Fixed an issue that caused increased CPU load on some hardware.
• Various stability improvements.
• Fixed a soft-lock when playing Shenmue 1 arcade games past Ryo’s bed time.
• Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering on monitors that support 75Hz refresh rates.
• The gong in Bunkado Antiques can now be interacted with.
• Fixing various instances of localisation issues.
• Fixed an issue in Shenmue 1 where sleeping would sometimes not update move experience.
• Various performance improvements.
• Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
• Fixed crackling while listening to cassettes.
• Fixed various issues with arcade game audio.
• Fixed issues with rain.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects not looping correctly.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects crackling.
Shenmue I & II HD Remaster is out now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.