The Alpha patch 1.3 for Star Citizen is now live and it includes various fixes and tweaks in the game. The patch includes social interface through which players can communicate in the game. Moreover, the patch includes a large expansion to the ArcCorp’s Area 18. The developer of the game, Robert Space Industries strongly recommends players to delete their user folder for the Public client after downloading the patch. This will fix crash on loading as well as odd graphical character issues. Furthermore, players can also report a bug or error in the game on the forums of Robert Space Industries’ site.
Some of the details about Alpha patch 1.3 are as follow.
- The Selfland Hangar is in the process of receiving a full relighting pass to improve the overall look and atmosphere.
- The old default function of “F11” (maximize HUD) no longer has a function in game and has been removed.
- “F6” key no longer provides in-game characters with a random loadout in the Hangar.
- Camera free look can now be activated by “Shift+G”.
- “Ctrl+F” is now the hotkey to disembark a ship.
- Fixed an issue where characters would not be properly aligned in the Retaliator when attempting to sit in the Retaliator pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where characters would appear outside of the Gladiator when attempting to sit down in the Gladiator pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where the pilot of a Vanduul Scythe would experience unusual camera shaking when looking around in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the Revel & York hangar doors would sometimes snap back open without animation if repeatedly triggered.
- Fixed several texture conflict issues in the Selfland Hangar.
- Fixed an issue where character hands would appear to be broken when driving the Greycat buggy.
- Fixed an issue where client framerate would drop when the cursor hovered over scrolling text.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly switching between different sections in the game menu would sometimes lock out access to device cycling.
Arena Commander Module:
- Missile explosions and impact have received minor adjustments to improve both look and feel.
- Increased the health of all ships.
- Increased overall shield strength of all ships to reduce alpha damage and bring up survival.
- Missile damage has been increased slightly to keep pace with health and improve effectiveness.
- Missile lock time has been adjusted.
- Energy weapon velocities have been increased across the board to be faster then ballistics.
- Ballistic weapons have received a corresponding buff to their potential range so that they can potentially hit targets that are farther away.
- Shield penetration for Ballistic weapons reduced from 70% to 60%.
- Overall missile tracking has been decreased slightly.
- Fixed an issue where players would not be removed Arena Commander for being idle unless all players in the match were idle.
- Fixed an issue during the Tutorial – Chapter 3, where the missiles would sometimes not track the target correctly, particularly when firing all missiles simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where weapons fire could appear offset from the weapon muzzle, when the ship was firing while moving.
- Fixed an issue where a ships target could be lost when increasing distance from target, despite target still being in sensor range.#
- Fixed an issue where projectiles fired from ship weapons would sometimes remain protruding out of the weapon they had been shot from or otherwise collide with the firing weapon, causing damage or display issues.
- Fixed an issue where gimbaled thrusters were not always rotating visually.
- The “War” Plasma Cannon for the Vanduul Scythe is now correctly designated by the in-game Hangar HUDas the “Wrath” Plasma Cannon.
You can read the full details about the Alpha patch 1.3 from here. Robert Space Industries is still trying to fix a major bug where some Allied players are shown up as enemies on Vanduul Swarm Coop. Moreover, the keybinding for disembarking ships has been replaced by “CTRL+F” instead of “F”.
Star Citizen will be released for PC in 2016.