Star Wars Battlefront 2 update version 1.28 is available now on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the full patch notes for this update.
EA DICE has released a new update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 today adding the Capital Supremacy gameplay mode. There are other tweaks to playable characters and balance adjustments made in this update as well.
Here are the patch notes for Star Wars Battlefront 2 update version 1.28 on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update Version 1.28 (PS4) Patch Notes (Xbox One, PC)
- Added new game mode called Capital Supremacy, playable on a brand new map on Geonosis (Pipeline Junction West).
- Added new interior maps inside the Republic Attack Cruiser and the Separatist Dreadnought, as part of the Capital Supremacy game mode.
- Added the ability to play against and alongside AI online, as part of the Capital Supremacy game mode.
- Added a new Infiltrator Reinforcement class which includes the ARC Trooper and the Commando Droid as playable Characters.
- A new appearance for Count Dooku, Exquisite Pajamas, is now available to unlock for Credits and Crystals.
- Added Geonosis – Trippa Hive to Hero Showdown.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The look of the Emote Wheel on the Collection menu has been updated to be consistent with the in-game Emote Wheel.
- With Capital Supremacy, we have adjusted the Battle Point costs to reflect the change in value that the new Reinforcements introduce.
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause players to be automatically kicked out of Galactic Assault matchmaking if they were waiting in the pre-round for more than 5 minutes.
- Fixed an issue with the team size balance restrictions on Strike being incorrect. Strike will not require perfectly balanced teams for a match to begin.
- Fixed an issue with invisible walls on Jakku that players could hide behind.
GALACTIC ASSAULT – GEONOSIS
- Added Hailfire Droids firing missiles as a Battle Beyond element on Geonosis.
- Fixed an issue where the Separatist Droid animations would occasionally break when crouching on Geonosis
SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
- Enabled the messaging for when a player is being spawned on. No battle points are awarded in that event.
- Fixed an issue where the player would occasionally hear no sound when spectating other players from the Squad Spawn screen.
- Fixed an issue where the AT-ST, AAT, and STAP Speeder would not receive damage from basic Lightsaber attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair of the AT-RT would not align with the fired projectile.
- Improved the functionality of the horizon level meter on the AT-TE’s Ion Charge crosshair.
- Polished VFX when using the LAAT Ray weapon
CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
- Fixed several issues with abilities and weapons occasionally not properly outlining enemies. The improvements affect the Assault’s Scan Dart and CR-2 Night Vision Scope, the Heavy’s FWMB-10K Night Vision Scope, the Officer’s SE-44C Night Vision Scope and the Specialist’s Thermal Binoculars.
- Fixed an issue where the user would occasionally not spawn with the correct appearance when rapidly changing from one Class to another.
- Fixed an issue where the Specialist’s shield would remain active after they are defeated.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Navy Officer’s head mesh upon spawn.
- Fixed an issue where using a melee attack would cause the weapon of the Assault, Heavy, Specialist class to be misaligned with their hands.
- Increased damage reduction on the Epic rarity of the Bodyguard Star Card to allow non-Heavy Troopers to survive a Thermal Detonator.
- Fixed an issue where the names of certain emotes would not fit accurately in the allocated space of the Emote Wheel.
- Fixed an issue where players could retrigger an emote quickly at the end of an emote animation.
- Improved readability of player names in the chat menu against certain backgrounds.
- Fixed an issue where idle-kick rules wouldn’t work if a player joins a game through the social hub while a match is in progress.
- Fixed an issue where unlocking certain emotes would trigger an error and the player would have to reboot the title to access the emote.
- Updated the User Agreement that is present in-game.
- Fixed an issue where Lightsaber audio would be heard while in the Customize Star Cards menu for Lightsaber Heroes.
- Fixed an issue where some heroes would be performing their Frontend menu animation when being selected on the spawn screen.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.