EA’s upcoming multiplayer shooter, Star Wars Battlefront, is hours away from release, and players can expect to play as an infantry, hop into various vehicles, and get the chance to play as hero characters like Han Solo, Boba Fett and Darth Vader, all of whom have unique abilities.
The abilities for each of the game’s heroes are described below.
- Force Push – Throws an explosive Force blast at enemies, instantly killing enemy troopers in front of Skywalker.
- Saber Rush – With a quick burst of speed, Skywalker blitzes forward with his saber. Can be a useful tool to close the gap between enemy soldiers.
- Heavy Strike – The Chosen One will move forward and let out an extremely powerful lightsaber slash that can do tremendous damage to enemy heroes and vehicles.
- Trooper Bane – Leia activates her powerful blaster that for a limited time, will one-shot infantry troops.
- Enhanced Squad Shield – Leia will put down a powerful bubble shield that can withstand an significant amount of damage.
- Supply Drop – Leia will call in a supply drop that can restore some of her health and can also buff friendly soldiers.
- Alderaan Honor Guards – A select number of players can spawn on Leia and will play as Honor Guards. These infantry soldiers are armed with powerful rocket launchers and other useful weapons.
- Rapid Fire – Captain Solo for a short period of time be able to unleash blaster bolts as fast as the player can hit the trigger.
- Lucky Shot – This ability allows Han Solo to charge his blaster for a powerful shot that can do tremendous amounts of damage to both enemy heroes and vehicles.
- Shoulder Charge – Han will rush towards his opponents doing massive damage (killing infantry instantly) while charging into them.
- Force Choke – Vader will instantly execute an enemy soldier by lifting them up and suffocating them with the force.
- Saber Throw – Darth Vader will hurl his lightsaber in a straight path, killing anyone foolish enough to be in front of him.
- Heavy Strike – The Dark Lord will move forward with a powerful lightsaber slash that will do tremendous damage to enemy heroes and vehicles.
- Chain Lightning – The Emperor will charge his Force power and unleash it upon his foes. This attack is extremely powerful and can hit multiple adversaries at once.
- Force Dash – Like in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine torpedoes through the air towards his opponents. Similar to Han’s Shoulder Charge, it’s powerful enough to kill infantry instantly.
- Imperial Resources – The Emperor will put a buff on the ground that can restore some of his health or give friendly players a damage buff.
- Shock Troopers – A limited amount of players can respawn on Palpatine and spawn as Imperial Shock Troopers. These players are armed with rockets that are useful against infantry or vehicles.
- Jetpack – Boba Fett can fly high into the air with extreme mobility with his jetpack. If you run out of fuel for the jetpack, land on the ground and it will recharge after a short period of time.
- Flame Thrower – Using his wrist-mounted flame thrower, Fett unleashes fiery destruction that does incredible amounts of damage to anyone foolish enough to be in front of it.
- Wrist Rocket – An extremely useful weapon that has limited tracking capabilities. It travels through the air at a fast pace and can instantly kill any infantry that’s struck by the missile.
Star Wars Battlefront also includes missions that can be played offline, with the option to play them either independently or in coop with another player. The game supports split screen on consoles in addition to online multiplayer mode, which allows up to 40 players in one match. At launch, a total of 12 multiplayer maps will be available in the game, featuring several locations from the Star Wars universe, including Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, Sullust and Jakku.
In other news, a DLC pack for Star Wars Battlefront, Battle of Jakku, will also be released on December 8th, 2015. Players who pre-order the game will receive the Battle of Jakku DLC a week earlier on December 1st, 2015. It will feature two maps set on planet Jakku. These maps will eventually be available for free to all players.
Which hero are you looking forward to playing as come Star Wars Battlefront’s release? Let us know in the comments below.