Stardew Developer has released a brand new patch for his game on Steam. This patch includes various gameplay changes and bug fixes. It should be available to everyone today and features the following changes.
- Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
- Spouse stands next to you at the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies
- In-law dialogue… when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
- Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on fridays after you marry them.
- Spouses won’t leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
- Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
- Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
- Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
- Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but lightning rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren’t already processing a lightning bolt)
- Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
- Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
- Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
- Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can’t lose rings or the Galaxy Sword
- Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey Of The Prairie King
- You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey Of The Prairie King
- The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
- Willy now likes most fish dishes
- Adventurer’s Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you’ve unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
- Hardware mouse cursor option
- Tools left in chests within farm buildings won’t count as “missing”
- Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
- Can no longer incorrectly “consume” trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
- Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn’t present.
- Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
- Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
- Chests should no longer appear on top of you in bed after upgrading your house.
- Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
- Snow yams shouldn’t appear in the desert anymore
- Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
- Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
Stardew Valley is currently available on Steam but the developer is planning to bring the game to more platforms in the future. It is a smash success for the developer who created this game single handily over the course of the past 5 years. The game is close to breaking the 1 million copies sold mark on SteamSpy.