Capcom has released the latest update for Street Fighter V after its launch this February. This new update will add half of the content that was promised in the March update including daily challenges.
While this is just first half of the update, it seems to have a rather hefty download size and requires more than 6 GB of update data to be downloaded on PS4. This makes the final update size around 6.6 GB for the full game.
Here is what is included in this new update for Street Fighter V.
- Challenge Mode
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option
- Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
- Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing.
This will be followed by another update on March 30th that will add the first new DLC character (Alex) and also toggle the in-game shop so that players can spend their hard earned fight money to buy new costumes and DLC characters.
Street Fighter V is available now for the PS4 and PC. It was developed and published by Capcom.