Developed by Bandai Namco Studios, Tales of Berseria is the sixteenth main entry in the highly popular Tales Series. Now, the opening for the game is available on YouTube.
Tales of Berseria is based in the setting of the Holy Midgand Empire and shares it’s world with Tales of Zestiria, although in a different time period. The plot follows a disease knows as as Daemonblight, that is ravaging the kingdom and turning it’s citizens into monsters known as Daemons.
Players take on the role of 19 year old pirate Velvet Crowe, as she takes on the religious institution known as the Abbey and battles their Exorcists, enemies who have shed their emotions for their fight against the Daemons.
The Tales of Berseria official website also recently put up information about the game’s DLC. The add-on features costumes previously worn by characters in previous games in the Tales franchise as outfits for the protagonists. They costumes are:
- Velvet’s costume is from Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)
- Laphicet’s costume is from Richard (Tales of Graces)
- Eizen’s costume is from Hubert Oswell (Tales of Graces)
- Rokurou’s costume is from Ludger Will Kresnik (Tales of Xillia 2)
- Magilou’s costume is from Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia)
- Eleanor’s costume is from Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)
Tales of Berseria is slated for release on 18th August in Japan and in Q1, 2017 for North America and Europe. The game will be available for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and the PC.