The original Escapists was a top down perspective strategy role-playing game in which players assumed the role of an inmate. The goal of the game? To escape prison, or prisons. And now, a new trailer has gone live on the official Team17 channel on Youtube announcing a sequel titled, The Escapists 2.
The Escapists 2 takes the same winning formula used by its predecessor, but switches it up a bit. It utilizes the same cartoonish art style and adds deeper customization options, multiplayer (both Split-screen and online), a new combat system, new crafting and much more.
The full detailed list of features can be found below:
• Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
• New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
• New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
• New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
• More character customization – New customization options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
• More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
The Escapists 2 is set for a release on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC sometime in 2017.
The original Escapists is also up for grabs this month as part of the Games With Gold Program for October 2016. For more information, click here.