Tekken 7 2.00 Update has been released which readies the game for Season 2 content, it is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The Patch is 2.3GB on PC and around 5.7GB on Xbox One and PS4.
This Google Doc nicely sums up some of the technical changes in the Tekken 7 2.00 Update.
Characters like Hwoarang and Eliza have been buffed, which are my mains so I’m pretty happy with the update. Unfortunately no new game modes were introduced like many were hoping.
The Season 2 update also brings in the Season Pass 2 DLC, They include:
- DLC4: Anna Williams
- DLC5: Lei Wulong
- DLC6 and Beyond:Features 4 new playable characters to be released in future updates. Details will be released on the official home page at a later date.
- Tekken World Tour Set (costume items featuring the Tekken World Tour logo)
- SUMMER LESSON Set (hairstyles, costumes, accessories, and player customization items)
- Effects Set
The pass sells for $26. Please do note that the balance update is free while the aforementioned characters and items are not.
Tekken 7 2.00 Update Season 2 Patch Notes
- Implemented a new battle mechanic “Wall Bounce”.
- Implemented “New Easy-Combo” and “Assist” features.
- Improved character $ stage select screens and other menus.
- Ranking points & point gauge regarding promotion/demotion gets visible at the end of battles to show progression.
- Improved rank conditions for other characters promoted with the highest rank of your character on Online mode.
Tekken 7 was released last year on June 2 worldwide for PS4, Xbox One and PC on Steam. The game has been receiving steady updates with this latest update being the biggest. The game’s first Season Pass added the much loved Tekken Bowl mode to the game along with character’s like Final Fantasy XV’s Noctis and Geese Howard from Fatal Fury.
The game has received favorable reviews and had sold over 2.8 million by March 31, 2018.
Like what Bandai Namco did with the Tekken 7 2.00 Update Season 2 Patch? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.