The incredibly popular Gears of War franchise will turn 10 years old on 7th November, 2016, and developer The Coalition has something special planned for Gears of War 4 players.
First up is the Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack, a special pack built specifically for fans that will come with a new character, three new themed weapons and a number of emblems. Unlike regular packs, these 200 credit packs are obtainable exclusively though playing the game. Each pack contains one 10 Years of Gears customization item, one 10 Years of Gears Emblem or bounty, and one random card from the Gears 4 Launch Series of Cards.
The full list of unlockables can be found below:
- Gary Carmine Character
- Anthony Carmine Longshot
- Benjamin Carmine Gnasher
- Clayton Carmine Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Hammerburst
- 10 Years of Gears Retro Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Markza Mk. 1
- 10 Years of Gears Enforcer
- Gary Carmine Emblem
- 10 Years of Gears Emblem
- 5 Bounties, each themed to a Gears of War game
Secondly, there will 2 new in-game events:
- One Shot, One Kill, the ultimate fan-favorite special event with a new Gears of War 4 This sniping-focused mode spawns you only with a Longshot – but now the EMBAR is available for pickup on the battlefield to change the game. Now is the time to go for those collateral headshots!
- Gnashers-Only King Of The Hill returns to Gears of War, bringing with it a gib-filled carnage of objective-driven, close-quarters combat. Your trusty Gnasher is your only friend as you battle to control the hill.
Additionally, there will also be a number of community events and competitions such as the “Game with Developers” event so fans can play together with developers from The Coalition.
Gears of War 4 is available now exclusively on the Xbox One and the PC. The Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack is set to release on 7th November.