The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III ‘Trial by Fire’ was just released and it goes over some of the new systems you can expect to use in the game.
Check out the trailer below, featuring protagonist Rean Schwarzer fighting alongside old and new comrades:
Publishers NISA also released an overview of the mechanics, some of them new and most of them we’ve seen in the old games, they’re as below:
- Brave Order: A new battle feature, Brave Orders provide party-wide buffs to give an upper hand for a certain number of turns. They can be issued anytime within battle by using Brave Points.
- Link Attacks: A follow-up move from comrades that is triggered when an effective attack unbalances the enemy.
- Brave Points: Can be gained when performing an “Assist,” or consumed when using “Burst” or “Rush” in Link Attacks. Be wise in deciding when to spend them!
- Arts & Crafts: A fundamental basis of combat, Arts draw power from equipped orbments and manifest in elemental attacks. Crafts are similar in offense, but are inherent to each character.
- S-Craft: A specialized Craft that consumes all of the character’s Craft Points (CP). It has extraordinary animations, so be sure to witness every character’s S-Craft!
Trails of Cold Steel III is the long awaited third entry in the Cold Steel sub-series, with publishers NISA taking over the localizing duties. The game takes place roughly two years or so after the events of the second game, with Rean Schwarzer becoming an instructor to the brand new Class VII.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III releases exclusively for the PS4 in September, 24th in North America and 27th in Europe.
Looking forward to the game? I, for one, can’t wait and I’m really happy the game is getting localized finally.