Watch Dogs is a big release for Ubisoft, and it also resulted in record Day 1 sales for a Ubisoft IP. As popular as it was, the game is unfortunately broken for a lot of users right now.
We have reported earlier about users having issues with the game, ranging from a game breaking bug that results in the loss of progress, to getting stuck at loading screen and being unable to progress through the game.
These issues have only increased in the past few days and Ubisoft have yet to release a patch. They did acknowledge this issue and according to Ubisoft UK Forum Manager, the fix is a ‘high priority’ for them but there was no ETA given on it.
We do not have an ETA at present, though they are working to get this fixed as a high priority.
When asked whether the upcoming fix will let users continue from their corrupted save, Ubisoft UK Forum Manager replied back with the following comment.
I’m sorry – without them completing their investigations and we have a working fix – any thing I say would only be a guess, so would rather say ‘no comment’ – since I don’t want to mislead anyone either way.
In case you are willing to risk it, there is a temporary fix available – however, be aware that it hasn’t worked for most of the users. In that case, one user on Xbox One has come up with his own fix, which should hopefully work. (Try at your own risk)
- Get a friend to invite you to the game while staying on the home screen of Xbox One.
- Start Watch Dogs and you should get a message confirming that you have been invited.
- Accept the invite and the game should load up again. (can take a while)
- Leave the game and you should be able to boot back in. You can do a side mission or continue the story and quit.
- After you are done, you should be able to continue again from the main menu screen.
Let us know if this works for you. If it isn’t, you have to wait for the official patch from Ubisoft.
If you are one of the affected user and have found a fix, please share it with us in the comments.