War Thunder has received a major ‘Masters of the Sea’ update version 2.29 today for the PS4, and update version 1.83 for the Xbox One and PC. Here’s what is included in this update.
For the users who are playing the game on a PS4, a new setting for the cursor has been added that can adjust the speed. For Xbox One users, the pre-release phase is now over so everyone with an Xbox One can play the game now.
War Thunder Update Version 1.83 Patch Notes For PS4, PC And Xbox One
New locations and missions
- New naval location “Black Sea port”.
- Increased detalization of the naval location “Green mountains gulf”.
- Full rework of roads and bridges on the following aircraft battles locations locations: Khalkhin Gol, Ardennes, Korsun. Now bridges correctly coincide with the roadway. They now have “embankments” and bridges are much better combined with the landscape. The structure of roads and routes of AI ground vehicles has been corrected: crossroads have been added, new route points and new roads and routes needed for the missions have been added.
- Helicopter missions have been refined in accordance with player feedback: more light vehicles have been added, helicopters respawn points have been placed further away from AI target clusters. The players will have to choose if they want to protect its own ground vehicles or go hunt enemy ones. By analogy with the aircraft “Front Line” missions, destruction of any ground vehicle counts for the victory of the team:
- heavy vehicles — 100 scores;
- medium — 40 scores;
- light — 20 scores.
Location and mission updates
- Naval missions are now available in custom battles.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
Flight Model changes:
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Support for a new type of texture compression (incompatible with game version 1.81 and older) has been added).
Economy and research
- Achievements for naval vessels have been added.
- Battle tasks for naval vessels have been added.
- U.S, Soviet and German helicopters are now available for research.
- The purchase cost in Silver Lions of the pr.159 Soviet vessel has been significantly reduced.
- New 3d decorations “helmets” (both armour and infantry) have been added for various nations. Old 3d decorations have been moved to the respective section.
- New camo has been added for F4F-3 and F4F-4.
- New camos have been added for Т-80B.
- New camo has been added for BMP-2.
- Naval vessel control tips have been added to the loading menu.
- A bug that caused the third-person camera view to reverse has been fixed.
- A bug where the camera focused on the rear end of a naval vessel at the start of a battle has been fixed.
- It is now possible to capture points in Naval battles with hydroplanes/seaplanes.
Changes specific to the PlayStation®4 platform.
- A new setting for cursor speed in the menu has been added (available when the cursor control by stick is enabled)
Changes specific to the Xbox One platform.
- Pre-release of Xbox One is over. The game is now available for everyone with an Xbox One.
- Xbox players are now able to add PC players as friend, can squad and join game with them.
- Sounds for new helicopters have been added.
- Small changes to optimize the usage of the sound game resources.
You can get the detailed changelog from here. War Thunder is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.