Ubisoft’s upcoming game Watch Dogs 2 is just a little under a month away from release, and now a new post on the official Ubisoft Blog has revealed that the game will be delayed an additional 2 weeks on PC.
According to the developer, the PC version of the game has a number of platform exclusive settings such as an uncapped framerate and 4K resolution with Ultra Textures. These feature are highly requested by the Watch Dogs 2 community, and to ensure that these features are polished and optimized to meet the player’s standards, the game has been delayed to 29th November. 2016.
The full list of these features can be found below:
• 4K support.
• Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
• No FPS cap
• Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch.
• Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
• Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
• Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.
Improved Graphic Features:
• Screen Space Reflections.
• Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights.
• Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
Improved Graphics Options:
• FOV sliders.
• Pixel Density sliders.
• Sharpness sliders.
• Ultra Textures pack available at launch.
• Anti-aliasing options:
o Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA.
Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls:
• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
• We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default.
• Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
• Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
• Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
• Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode.
• Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 DualShock controller.
The game is set within a fictionalized version of San Francisco, and features new protagonist Marcus Holloway, a hacker who is involved with the hacking group DedSec.
Watch Dogs 2 is due for a release on 15th November 2016 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. The PC version of the game will now launch on 29th November, 2016.