Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is an expansion to the base game that adds a new playable area Toussaint region and around 30 hours of additional story content. Among the new additions are new quests and new NPCs to unlock for crafting equipment. Grandmaster Smith is another important NPC that can be unlocked by following the steps listed in this guide.
Grandmaster Smith can be made available for crafting by fulfilling the following conditions.
- To start the quest, first travel to the central city of Beauclair. Search for a simple armor and sword shop east of Nilfgaardian Embassy sign, south of the Gran place.
- Talk to the vendor of the shop and make sure to utilize every dialogue option aside from buy/sell. He’ll reveal that he is a Grandmaster craftsman currently apprenticing to an elf.
- When you ask him about his Grandmaster, you will start a new Side Quest “Master Master Master Master!”.
- Afterwards, you can talk to him about Witchers to gain multiple Scavenger Hunt Side Quests for collecting the upgraded diagram for each of the Witcher set.
- You will need to complete one of these scavenger quests and return to the Grandmaster Smith with all six set diagrams to craft the set.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will be able to use Grandmaster of Toussaint to craft any grandmaster diagrams that you can discover in the game.
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.