The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a brand new patch on PC that updates the game to version 1.03. This new patch also has some performance and optimization fixes done for general gameplay as well as using Nvidia Hairworks.
This patch is currently available on PC only but CD Project Red has promised a similar patch for the PS4 and Xbox One soon, so expect a patch for these platforms as well.
The patch notes can be read below:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
- Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
- Improves menu handling
- Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occurred when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
- Rostan Muggs is back
- Minor SFX improvements
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.