Bethesda has released Wolfenstein: Youngblood update 1.03 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the full patch notes for this brand new update.
Some of the patch highlights with this update are for crash and audio fixes on all platforms. It also fixes a major bug that stopped players from getting the Partisan achievement thus stopping them short of completing it one hundred percent. Bethesda is also making it easier for players to invite their friends on PC.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood Update Version 1.03 Full Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the player used Crush in specific areas of Riverside.
- Fixed an issue causing frequent crashes on Windows 7 machines with high-end video cards. Previously, the game would crash if the player attempted to use the following resolutions:
- 3440×1440 borderless window
- 2560×1080 borderless window
- 2560×1080 fullscreen
- This occurred primarily with Windows 7 users using GTX 1080 cards but may have affected other users as well.
- AMD has released new drivers to resolve a crash that could occur on Radeon RX5700 series graphics products. Please update your drivers immediately.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that would occur if the Client player pressed an elevator button while the Host player was in the Journal menu on the Weapons tab.
- Fixed an audio dropout issue that could occur when toggling the Kugelgewehr flashlight on and off. This audio dropout would persist until the game was restarted.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause sound effects to cut out when using the flashlight.
- Reduced the frequency of an issue that caused a variety of audio issues (volume levels, dropouts, etc.) when killing multiple [censored] rapidly with the ElektroKraftWerk weapon.
- Rebalanced several VO levels to bring them in line with the rest of the game.
- Fixed an issue preventing Client players from picking up heavy weapon ammo from downed enemies if they had the Bigger Guns perk. All players with the Bigger Guns perk will now be able to pick up heavy weapon ammo dropped by enemies.
- Resolved an issue that was causing Client players to do substantially more damage than higher-level Host players in co-op.
- Fixed an issue where the “Lothar and Juju’s Trap” mission could become blocked if the player first completed the “Missing Partner” mission as a Client player.
- Fixed an issue that could allow drones to spawn from drone towers even after players turned them off with the floppy disk code.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Ubergarde to fail to spawn in the Da’at Yichud Labs area. This enemy should now spawn correctly for all users.
Art, Graphics, and User Interface Fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause objective markers for the “Destroy the Machines” mission to display in-world and on the minimap when the mission was not active.
- Fixed an issue that was causing elevator buttons in the Tower 2 landing pad to flicker between displays, resulting in players sometimes choosing the wrong floor despite it appearing correct.
- Fixed an issue where Lothar was missing teleport animations and visual FX for Client players.
- Fixed some areas of missing fog that was affecting vistas.
- Added a notification to warn players of poor network conditions.
Online Co-Op Fixes
- Steam – Added the ability to use the Buddy Pass from the Escape menu while in-game, rather than having to be on the main menu to invite a Buddy.
- Steam – Fixed an issue that could prevent Friends of a Host whose Steam profile is set to “Private” from seeing or joining their session.
- Steam – Added additional notifications when a Steam user attempts to retrieve the friends list when their Steam profile is set to “Private.” Players will now be notified: “Could not retrieve your Steam Friends List. Please check the Privacy settings of your Steam Profile.”
- Changed “Find Player” to “Find Bethesda.net Player” on the PC BNET dropdown to clarify flow for finding and inviting friends.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players with a suspended game from properly accepting a co-op invite.
Achievements/Trophies and Game Completion Fixes
- The “Revive” tutorial somehow went missing. We have added the tutorial back into the game and players can now complete the game to 100%.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from unlocking the “Partisan” achievement despite meeting the criteria.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Client players from completing the “Slide ‘n Shoot” challenge.
- We previously released a hotfix that prevents users from using a 3rd-party application to cheat and add unlimited Silver Coins, Wolfenstein: Youngblood’s in-game earnable currency. This note is intended to clarify this fix.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Read our review to find out more about the game.